Our philosophy about irrigation has never changed over the decades.
“Water is a valuable resource that should be used wisely to nurture and insure a healthy landscape. It should not be used as a substitute for good landscape design or quality landscape installation. Irrigation is like insurance – it’s there when you need it, but, hopefully you won’t need it all the time.”
- A well designed and installed landscape usually won’t need to be watered more that once a week after the initial two year establishment period in our area.
- Many more plants are killed by overwatering than under-watering.
- Overwatering will actually result in weak, shallow rooting and increased susceptibility to drought, disease and insect damage.
Responsible irrigation involves the proper management of our most important limited resource – water. Kiefer Landscaping may save you thousands of dollars in water bills over the lifetime of your irrigation system utilizing:
- Drip irrigation
- Precision spray nozzles
- Head to head sprinkler spacing
- Zone pressure regulation
- Smart controllers and sensors
- Proper controller adjustments and recommendations